Your technical environment
Joining FORTIL UK means joining a team of business engineers and recruiters. Established for a year in the Southwest region, our expertise is in Energy, Transport, Life Sciences and Finance fields. This first year has been a success thanks to our consultants who are both technical experts and drivers of innovative ideas.
FORTIL UK guides start-ups and big groups and meet their needs by providing skilled and talented project teams and individual consultants. We deploy custom-made solutions to offer relevant advice and we put our know-hows and recruitment experiences to the service of our clients’ projects.
Your job responsibilities
To strengthen our team of consultants, we are looking for a Structural Engineer. As soon as you are onboard, you will be supported by your FORTIL Manager. Your goals set will be supporting our clients through the planning and detailed design phases of their projects to ensure the projects move seamlessly into the construction phases.
YOUR DAILY ROLE AS A CONSULTANT
· Developing reinforced concrete or steel structure designs compliant with the ETC-C or other relevant codes (Eurocodes) and project specific methodologies and hypothesis notes.
· Checking and coordinating the detailing activities with BIM Coordinators, CAD technicians or other engineers in preparation of 3D BIM rebar models and/or 2D drawings of reinforced concrete or steel structures.
· Managing engineering changes in line with company/project procedures and QA process.
· Assessing and responding to Field Changes Requests, Requests for Information or Site Non-Conformance Requests originating from the Civil Works Contractors.
· Liaising with other stakeholders of Site Engineering Team or Civil Works Contractors for clarification on the site request.
· Liaising with Back Office in France, Poland, Romania, and Tunisia when Back Office support is needed for closing out of legacy design package issues.
· Technical review and acceptance of contractor deliverables.
· Site Walkdowns and inspection.
You will have the opportunity to develop new technical skills on client lead projects but also play a role within your company by:
· Opening new accounts or new departments within the client you are working with / developing tools, processes and technical offers / support FORTIL UK during tendering phases (business)
· Suggesting CVs (referral scheme) / conducting technical interviews / creating tests for candidates / developing partnerships with universities (recruitment)
· Building your own team of consultants (management)
· Giving advice as an expert and mentoring younger consultants / developing training programmes or graduate schemes / creating exercises or case studies for interns (mentoring)
What you need to succeed
Proven work experience as a Structural Engineer or similar role
Up to date knowledge of Tekla package or other design software
Familiarity with first principles analysis and Eurocodes & British standards
Your profile and personality
MSc (or BSc) in Civil Engineering or relevant field