Your technical environment
Joining FORTIL UK means joining a team of business engineers and recruiters. Established for a year in the Southwest region, our expertise is in Energy, Transport, Life Sciences and Finance fields. This first year has been a success thanks to our consultants who are both technical experts and drivers of innovative ideas.
FORTIL UK guides start-ups and big groups and meet their needs by providing skilled and talented project teams and individual consultants. We deploy custom-made solutions to offer relevant advice and we put our know-hows and recruitment experiences to the service of our clients’ projects.
Your job responsibilities
To strengthen our team of consultants, we are looking for a Piping Stress Engineer. As soon as you are onboard, you will be supported by your FORTIL Manager. Your goals set will be supporting the Lead Piping Engineer to deliver the piping systems design packages.
YOUR DAILY ROLE AS A CONSULTANT
· Carry out stress calculation on CAESAR II or other analysis software
· Design/place supports to accommodate the loads on the piping
· Issue stress and load calculation reports
· Prepare operating/installation/commissioning procedures
· Support the achievement of different projects’ phases (design, construction, commissioning and operation)
· Responsible for the layout designs of all large piping on the pipe racks, inlet piping to air coolers, and positive displacement pumps & compressors
· Collaborate with equipment vendors to carry out dynamic stress analysis/calculation.
You will have the opportunity to develop new technical skills on client lead projects but also play a role within your company by:
· Opening new accounts or new departments within the client you are working with / developing tools, processes and technical offers / support FORTIL UK during tendering phases (business)
· Suggesting CVs (referral scheme) / conducting technical interviews / creating tests for candidates / developing partnerships with universities (recruitment)
· Building your own team of consultants (management)
· Giving advice as an expert and mentoring younger consultants / developing training programmes or graduate schemes / creating exercises or case studies for interns (mentoring)
What you need to succeed
Proven work experience as a Piping Stress Engineer or similar role.
Up to date knowledge of Caesar II, Pipe Stress 5.0 and AutoCAD.
Familiarity with applicable codes, specifications, design criteria and good engineering practices as applied to mechanical and piping engineering.
Ability to carry out stress analysis of piping systems and provide supporting design calculations and specifications to substantiate design.
Your profile and personality
Degree qualified in Mechanical engineering or relevant field