Your technical environment
Joining FORTIL UK means joining a team of business engineers and recruiters. Established for a year in the Southwest region, our expertise is in Energy, Transport, Life Sciences and Finance fields. This first year has been a success thanks to our consultants who are both technical experts and drivers of innovative ideas.
FORTIL UK guides start-ups and big groups and meet their needs by providing skilled and talented project teams and individual consultants. We deploy custom-made solutions to offer relevant advice and we put our know-hows and recruitment experiences to the service of our clients’ projects.
Your job responsibilities
To strengthen our team of consultants, we are looking for a Structural Engineer. As soon as you are onboard, you will be supported by your FORTIL Manager. Your goals set will be undertaking electrical tasks in accordance with the business requirement / project programme so as to enable the delivery of the project to the client, within pre-determined standards for quality, time and budget.
YOUR DAILY ROLE AS A CONSULTANT
· Producing, reviewing and approving calculations, analyses, drawings, models and design basis documentation.
· Preparing technical and analytical reports.
· Evaluating technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigations or solutions, including process improvements.
· Providing support to the Project Manager for the planning, control and delivery of tasks and projects.
· Ensuring procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical reports as assigned.
· Contribute to Project Team, and Contract Reviews through the provision of relevant and informed technical / design information.
You will have the opportunity to develop new technical skills on client lead projects but also play a role within your company by:
· Opening new accounts or new departments within the client you are working with / developing tools, processes and technical offers / support FORTIL UK during tendering phases (business)
· Suggesting CVs (referral scheme) / conducting technical interviews / creating tests for candidates / developing partnerships with universities (recruitment)
· Building your own team of consultants (management)
· Giving advice as an expert and mentoring younger consultants / developing training programmes or graduate schemes / creating exercises or case studies for interns (mentoring)
What you need to succeed
Proven work experience as an EC&I Engineer or similar role
Up to date knowledge of PDMS or E3D
Familiarity with recognised quality system & legislative requirements
Your profile and personality
MSc (or BSc) in Civil Engineering or relevant field