Your technical environment
Joining FORTIL UK means joining a team of business engineers and recruiters. Established for a year in the South West region, our expertise is in Energy, Transport and Life Sciences. This first year has been a success thanks to our consultants who are both technical experts and drivers of innovative ideas.
FORTIL UK guides start-ups and big groups and meet their needs by providing skilled and talented project teams and individual consultants. We deploy custom-made solutions to offer relevant advice and we put our know-hows and recruitment experiences to the service of our clients’ projects.
· Upgrade of HIMA systems in different Waste to Energy plants (from ELOP II to HIMax)
· Extraction of the existing programme (taking backup from the old system)
· Conversation: study and rewrite logic in the new system
· Validation of the new programme to make sure everything is working (5 test phases).
· The safety system is attached to a Valmet Metso system so you have to understand how the 2 machines communicate as well
Your job responsibilities
To strengthen our team of consultants, we are looking for an Automation Engineer with strong EICA knowledge. As soon as you are onboard, you will be supported by your FORTIL Manager. Your goals set will be to work on a wide range of process control systems within manufacturing operations, facilities and utilities areas.
YOUR DAILY ROLE AS A CONSULTANT
· Work on PLC and Microprocessor controlled systems and encompass corrective and preventive maintenance tasks.
· Be focused on continuous improvement supporting the other Engineering and Operations teams.
· Support the design and specification aspects on new capital projects, process improvement or the re-engineering of existing systems.
· Support the Maintenance team in timely root cause identification and resolution of control and instrumentation issues.
· Active role in key process improvement projects.
· Manage system automation and control projects and provide technical expertise on key engineering projects.
· Develop technical specifications around instrumentation and control.
· Identify training needs and provide trainings if necessary.
You will have the opportunity to develop new technical skills on client lead projects but also play a role within your company by:
· Opening new accounts or new departments within the client you are working with / developing tools, processes and technical offers / support FORTIL UK during tendering phases (business)
· Suggesting CVs (referral scheme) / conducting technical interviews / creating tests for candidates / developing partnerships with universities (recruitment)
· Building your own team of consultants (management)
· Giving advice as an expert and mentoring younger consultants / developing training programmes or graduate schemes / creating exercises or case studies for interns (mentoring)
What you need to succeed
Up to date knowledge of PLC / DCS operation (hardware and software)
Familiarity with complex control systems (perform root cause analysis and fault finding, experience with Schematics Wiring and Circuits, familiar with SCADA, Process Control Systems, HMI & Distributed Control)
Your profile and personality
Proven work experience as an Automation Engineer or similar role (preference for HIMA, Siemens and ABB systems)